Making your home a happy place and giving it a new look? Your furniture ideas should amaze you and others alike when you step into your homes. While wood could be a timeless material, it sometimes stains quite easily. Always try to keep your wood flooring looking nice and neat, restoring an old piece of furniture for a rustic look is great too! It can be done by removing water stains, heat stains and dark stains. We have all the ideas you would like and your furniture should be such that each piece tells a story.
How to remove water stains from wood?
Did a celebration guest forget to grab a coaster? Now there’s a stain on your beautiful table. There are many home made remedies for removing the water stain using ordinary home goods.
Here are some methods to try and keep your things tidy:
- Take a soft cloth and rub it into the water stain with non-gel toothpaste. Then, wipe clean with a moist cloth. Before applying furniture polish, let the wood dry completely
- Make a homemade paste with equal parts water and saleratus. Using circular motions, rub the stains till it disappears
- Apply mineral jelly to the watermark and let it sit overnight. By morning, remove the jelly, and also the stain would disappear with it
How to remove heat stains from wood?
Heat marks usually appear white. To get rid of them from lacquered wood surfaces, do try out this little tip:
Using non-gel toothpaste and bi-carbonate of soda form a paste. Go on rubbing into the wood till it is warm. Wipe clean with a second damp cloth and dry immediately. Repeat this process multiple times. When the mark is gone apply furniture polish to revitalize the wood
How to remove dark stains from wood?
A dark stain on your wood floor or furniture, you may wonder where it came from? Unless a dyed item left the mark, water or steam damages the furniture. Sometimes, if the water reaches the wood, black stains appear. These stains are far more difficult to get rid of.
Here are two methods you can try:
- With a sandpaper once you sand out the stain, apply several light coats of varnish to catch the initial finish. Finish with quality wood polish
- Dip a brush into a bowl of bleach and apply it lightly to the stained area. Allow the bleach to soak in for some hours because the stain fades back to its original color
- Remove the bleach with a humid sponge, and apply vinegar to neutralize the wood. Let the wood dry and finish with stain, if necessary, follow it by a top quality wood polish.
Always remember to use coasters and trivets to guard your wood from water, heat, and dark stains.
Halifax furniture has detailed profiling on each piece, together with the warm finishing and antique brass hardware. We make sure to provide a classic collection for the contemporary home. Halifax combines the quaint charm of the French countryside with the coastal flair of the Eastern Seaboard to form a comprehensive range befitting your home area perfectly.
Visit our store I WANNA GO HOME for exclusive furniture as we beautifully furnish your dreams and style your home with a classy look too.
BEFORE WE LEAVE
Giving you ideas for your homes and to save your furniture was our message to convey today and we believe we have delivered it right.
Specialising in furniture like, French Style Sideboards, Kitchen Sideboards, Dining Room Hutches, French Drawers, French style Country Buffet And Hutch, French Style Bookcase, Coat Hanger Unit, Hamptons Style entertainment Units, Bed Bench Storage and Hampton Bedside Tables we cater to many more designs on our online platform. Visit us today at I WANNA GO HOME. There are plenty of new designs for you to explore. Choose from our finest range of collections designed to stand out. Presenting you furniture for your dream home - a creation that suits your personality and gives your home a very urban look.